The Year That Was 2012

2012 has been a year of exciting and challenging milestones in my life, both personally and professionally. It was the year when I managed to travel around the country (and even did one stop-over outside of Pinas) and connect with as many people as I could, thanks to my new job as one of the program associates in Zuellig Family Foundation. It has been challenging to live and work far from home however, I was thankful that I found some time to visit Bacolod City and maintain the balance between family and work.

Since it is already 2013, allow me to look back at 2012 and its unforgettable moments.

Traveling to Ormoc for the first time to meet professors and health workers of Easter Visayas has been part of my itinerary in 2012

Picking strawberries with the family at La Trinidad, our first family vacation in Baguio. 



Staying true to our commitment to the SEAYLP Program of the US State Department, Team Aguila conducted our first successful Aguila Youth Leadership Program
Part of my work with the Zuellig Family Foundation was to participate in a CSR Workshop for the Chamber of Mines bringing me for the first time in the high mountains of Benguet inside the Philex Mines.
Backpacking across the Zamboanga Peninsula for the first time, visiting far-flung municipalities, including the poorest municipality in the entire country
Celebrating my 5th year as a medical doctor in the exact place where I took my Board Exams at the exact date the results were announced.
..and as an added bonus, that same day I spent some R&R at Boracay Island. Of course, the R&R was brief since the visit to Boracay was still work-related. 
Injured but still undaunted, I was able to conduct a session on Dialogue with the participants of the first US-ASEAN Young Leaders Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia, my  first visit to a Southeast Asian country.

A visit at the Coconut Palace, official residence of the Vice President of the Republic of the Philippines, and also a strong contender for the Presidency this 2016 National Elections. 


Comments

Popular Posts