Crossing The Atlantic And Publishing Calypso

I am currently crossing the Atlantic Ocean onboard the Voyager of the Seas and while the first 7 days of the crossing was pretty much smooth, yesterday was very rocky. It was also quite a hectic day for me. I had two classes (1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon) and had some consultations and treatments in the afternoon. I left the office already past 8pm. I had to take some Meclizine tablets before dinner because I wasn't really feeling good. I did manage to hold up during the entire class in the afternoon and during the treatments that I did as well. So far, the transatlantic crossing has been better than expected. I have been busy almost everyday and so far everything is smooth sailing. By Tuesday, we will already be in the Azores, which is a group of Portuguese islands in the middle of the Atlantic. Two more Sea Days after that, we will already be in Malaga, Spain. By Sunday, I will be in Barcelona.

Perhaps, if there is one thing that was very significant during my Transatlantic Crossing, it was when I finally finished writing my first short story and had it published through Lulu.com last week. I have been writing Calypso since the day I came onboard. Now it is ready. Calypso is a story of a young doctor who got stranded in an unknown island and had a supernatural encounter with a mythical creature. He named the island Calypso after the goddess who imprisoned Odysseus in her island called Ogygia as told in the Odyssey. I have always been fascinated by Greek and Roman mythology and somehow this short story was inspired by Greek Mythology. The story then makes a transition from the realm of the supernatural into the real world where the protagonist encounters the harsh realities of the mundane dimension. The story is basically a depiction of two worlds: the world of the ideal and the world of reality and the protagonist has to make a choice.

It is now being sold in lulu.com and the link --> http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/calypso/15665613 brings you to the cover page of the book. It is also available as a downloadable file. To have a book published is actually a dream come true. I don't really care if it's going to be a bestseller or not and that was never the motivation (although I also don't mind). Ever since I was young I always dreamed of writing and publishing a book. I am planning to write more short stories and eventually write my own first novel. All I need is time. I sometimes procrastinate when it comes to writing.

If you want to order the book or purchase the downloadable file, just click on this button. Currently it is only distributed by lulu.com. It is expected that other retailers will soon distribute it as well.
Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

A few more weeks to go and I will be back in the Philippines as well. For now, I am on my way to Europe. The last time I was in Europe was almost a year ago when I went to Finland, Sweden and Estonia. Now, everything has come in full circle.

Like it? Share it.

Comments

Popular Posts