Goodbye Caribbean, Hello Mediterranean


I am currently in Falmouth, Jamaica having late breakfast in Club Nazz and since this is going to be my last Caribbean port, I wanted to look back and reminisce the wonderful journey I made in the Caribbean. Truly we had the most amazing ports of call and for the past 5 months, I have been mesmerized by the beauty of the Caribbean: its nature, people and even culture. Of course, my favorite is Cozumel, Mexico. Not only the food and souvenir items are cheap, the beaches and other tourist sights are so very accessible. There are a lot of things to do in Cozumel but my most favorite trip was my encounter with the Dolphins in Chakanaab Natural Park.

Another amazing port is Grand Cayman. Seven Mile Beach is beautiful and the clear blue-green waters of the Caribbean is very amazing. Shops are plenty as well not only in the port but along the 7-mile beach strip.

Belize is another beautiful port. Cheap and accessible, shops in Belize are right inside the port and you don't even have to leave the port area to get a good bargain.

Roatan, Honduras is also beautiful. I wasn't able to enjoy the beach of Honduras but definitely the island itself is spectacular.

Jamaica is also wonderful and I am very much attracted to its people and culture. I have yet to see the beach of Jamaica but I am actually planning to go to one today if time permits.

I am excited to go to the Mediterranean. We will be crossing the Atlantic Ocean next week (8 sea days straight!) and our ports of call include Barcelona, Malaga, Toulun, Rome, Croatia, Turkey, Slovenia and Venice.

By the time I get back to the Philippines by mid-summer, I have basically circumnavigated the globe (at least the Northern Hemisphere).

Like it? Share it.

Comments

Popular Posts