Trying To Keep Cool

If there is one tragic flaw that I find in myself, that is I lack patience. I am an impatient man. And what flares up my impatience is display of inefficiency. For example, attending an ill-prepared workshop with facilitators who are seemingly unprepared but would overly-pretend that they are in control, is a good way of blowing up my patience. It is a waste of time on my part, and for me, there is always not enough time. My defense mechanism would be, to either transport myself to my happy place, or express my impatience whether in private or public.

Another example would be, being told to prepare and deliver a report which was already reported months before. This coming CME will be another round of reporting to be delivered by the DTTB's. In my first CME in Manila, our batch delivered our Situational Analysis AND Community Diagnosis. In my second CME in Leyte, our batch delivered our Annual Health Plan. Yesterday, I received communication that the report which we will be doing this upcoming CME in Tagaytay will be Annual Health Plan. I tried to clarify that at the Central Office, telling them that we are done with the Annual Health Plan already last CME in Leyte. But they are insisting that the scheduled report for our batch is the annual health plan report. Gin report na na gani! My point is, I wanted my report to be done at least 90% before I arrive Tagaytay, so that at least when the time comes for us to report, I will already be prepared with my report. The question is, why the lack of coordination here?

I know that this can be trivial but I have to admit, that one really irritated me. As far as I am concerned, I am done with my Annual Health Plan; in fact, I am now in the stage of implementing my Annual health plan. What's next should be is our mid-year or partial accomplishments based on the annual health plan we already presented. The objective is to assess how our plans are currently doing(whether or not they are feasible or attainable or achievable) based on the target outputs and devise an acceleration plan that would allow us to "catch up" on the other plans that are seemed to be not working (targets are still not achieved at this point). Of course, during our final CME, we will already be presenting our final accomplishments for the last 2 years through a gallery presentation. Doing another Annual Health Plan presentation will only be redundant and therefore a waste of precious time. I have big plans for Tagaytay and I am planning to enjoy my stay there and I don't want toxicities like this to dampen my already pre-conditioned party animal mentality.

Anyway, I am trying my best to keep my cool, despite the heat of summer. So, instead of focusing on my CME report this coming May, I am busy preparing for 1) the Summer youth camp of Candoni, which is now being organized by my N.A.R.S. volunteers and other youth volunteers affiliated with S.K. and 2) our family outing in Boracay sometime in June just before the start of the school year. I am planning to bring the family back to Boracay again one weekend just to spend some quality time with the family.

Speaking of NARS (Nurses Assigned to Rural Service), this one also tested my patience. A day prior to the deployment of these NARS, I called up DOLE to ask when would they give an orientation to us MHO's and Municipal Mayors. They only deployed these nurses without even giving us an orientation about their responsibilities and our responsibilities as supervisors of these nurses. I have seen a lot of flaws here: 1) There is no MOA being signed into between the Municipality that will adopt these nurses, the nurses themselves, DOLE and DOH. The Mayor must sign a MOA between him and these parties concerned because in the first place, our health system is devolved. The Mayor is the health manager of his municipality. By just sending these nurses to the municipality without even informing the mayor is a violation of the autonomy of the local government unit, not to mention the lack of courtesy to the Mayor. It is not the responsibility of the DOH rep or the MHO to inform the mayor because, in the first place, not all DOH reps and MHO's were even oriented about this program. According to the DOLE, these nurses will receive 8,000 pesos as monthly stipend and if the LGU is willing, another 2,000 pesos coming from the LGU. Of course, many of these nurses are expecting to receive at the most 10,000 pesos, but since there is no MOA signed by the mayor, the municipality can opt NOT to give the 2,000 additional stipend. Kaluluoy sang mga pobre nga mga nurse. 2) According to DOLE, those who are qualified to join the program are licensed nurses who have no work-related experience for the last 1-3 years. Which means, those who volunteered at the hospitals, who were not paid therefore, are not allowed to join. But those licensed nurses who worked at call centers, and therefore were earning money already, can apply for the program. Daw ka balik-ayot no?

And I still have a lot more questions about that program. But then again, just thinking about this makes me lose my patience even more. Anyway, I do hope I can find solace in my Palawan trip next week. For now, it's time to head out to the mall with the family. Wala ni ya nga daan sa u-ma.





Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts