Pink Birthday Party


This is a late post.

During my daughter's 2nd birthday, we decided to hold a party for her in our house instead, inviting only a few close friends and family. It was more of an intimate children's party. We decided that for this year, it is going to be her older brother's year so we saved the money for October and decided to prepare all the food for my baby's birthday instead of hiring a caterer. So, everything from the birthday cakes to my spaghetti (naks!) were homemade. We spent the early morning preparing the place, decorating with balloons and pink crepe papers.

I also fetched the tables and chairs we rented. I was tempted to hire a party clown but I decided not to and spend the money on more food instead. Besides, I planned to handle the games myself. Actually we only had two games. The party was really focused on how to finish up the food we prepared. At around 3:30 p.m., friends and guests were already arriving. My son's classmates and their parents and teachers were there. My wife's close friends and their kids were present. My co-workers in my Municipal Health office came all the way from Candoni just to be in my daughter's birthday party. Compadres Melvin Chico and Mark Agana, both my daughter's godparents, were also there. It was an opportunity to update each other with our own professional lives. Mark was getting married to my other comadre Kristine Castronuevo during the Saturday of that week.












It was a successful party and we were able to have it with a small budget only. We are looking forward to my son's birthday this October. This time we are already planning a big celebration. He will be turning 7 this year, that is why we are making it bigger than usual. Besides, for the past 3 years, we have been celebrating his birthday only at home with a few invited friends. This time, it is going to be his turn.




Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts