Milestones This Week


Last Monday, January 26, was my comeback to print media this time under a new newspaper and new column. My first article appeared in Agila's January 26 release, under my very own column entitled, "Molecules". The column's title was actually the choice of the editors. Agila, (Filipino for Eagle) is a local tabloid released here in Bacolod and in Negros Occidental. Later during the week, I received another call and I was told that they wanted my column to appear at least twice a week.

My first article was about Barack Obama's policy on funding international agencies which supposedly support abortion as a modern method of family planning.

Last Tuesday, January 27, my wife told me that my son's results during the entrance examinations for grade one were already released. My son passed with high scores (94%) and was officially accepted for enrollment in my alma mater.

I will be going to the school tomorrow to schedule an interview which is a prerequisite for the enrollment. April 5 is the start of enrollment period for Grade One students.

I was frankly quite confident that my son would pass the entrance exams. I have seen his capabilities in his pre-school years and I am sure that my son is a brilliant kid. He will be finishing in the top of his class this March.

This morning, during the technical working group meeting of the interlocal health zone, Dra. Abilla and I were tasked to prepare a training module for our midwives regarding quality prenatal care. We will be presenting it to the TWG during the last week of February and once they approve it, we will be hopping from one town to another in our zone training and retraining midwives with regards to quality prenatal care. This is our zone's response to the relatively high maternal mortality and infant mortality rates in our zone. I was personally tasked to prepare a lecture on Stages of Labor.

This week was relatively a busy week. Next week will already be our launching of the Heart month. Last Wednesday, we practiced our Hataw (aerobics) steps which we will be presenting during the Launching Day on the 5th of February. Our invited guest is the Provincial Health Officer herself.

February will be a very very hectic month.



Comments

Popular Posts