Fantasy Wishlist

If only I have things my way, then probably this list would be my ultimate wishlist. Christmas 2008 has just ended so perhaps I will be waiting for 2009 Christmas to have this "too-good-to-be-true" wishlist to come true. Hey, I can dream, can't I? And maybe some generous philantropist will happen to drop by my blog and get to read this, then maybe he can grant me my wish. Of course, I am in search for an old lamp where a superpowerful genie resides. No, seriously. This wishlist is perhaps the ultimate wish list of my entire life. And yes, it is a wishlist that will satisfy the child in me.

So, here goes:

1. Lest I be accused of unpatriotic, it is but a fervent desire to leave the country (at least for a vacation, if not for work) and relocate somewhere else. I am thinking Canada. Maybe because it is much closer to the U.S.? Actually, a GP like me would have a much easier time getting a visa to Canada now, according to the latest bulletin from the Canadian embassy. For GP's like me, a maximum of only 12 months will be spent waiting for a visa, that is of course, assuming you have all your papers in order. How I wish I can go to Canada, find work, reside their permanently. But then again, Australia is okay too.

2. I have always wanted to own a flat TV screen. I have always envisioned a living room a la cinema in my house and a flat LCD screen would be the best centerpiece. A flat LCD screen would cost around 100,000 pesos depending on the brand and the "extra features" that come with it.

3. A digital video camera would be very handy, especially if I get to receive Item No. 1 in my wishlist. I have always wanted to own a digital camera. I have always wanted to make home movies or even digital indie films. Anyone with a camera these days can win an international filmfest competition. Depending on the brands, a digital video camera can be purchased for as low as 10,000 pesos. High-end digital cameras can be for as high as 65,000 pesos.


4. A cruise for me and my wife would be just the ticket. A week of relaxation, party and spa. Going into a cruise is almost like killing two birds with one stone. You get to travel and at the same time enjoy a moment of relaxation. One cruise that would come to mind would be a Caribbean cruise, although a Hawaiian cruise wouldn't be bad as well.

5. I came upon this site where they sell mp3 watch. This is definitely a cool gadget. It can play mp3 songs, act as USB data storage, even voice recorder and of course water-resistant. This reminds me of James Bond and how cool his watch can sometimes be. I love a cool gadget and an mp3 watch is definitely a cool gadget.

6. No who doesn't like cars? I like cars, especially if they are mine. Lotus cars look really cool, although I am not sure if they are available here in the Philippines. But they can be very expensive. They look like hornets and they can run fast. This is definitely a guy's car. Okay, a rich guy's car. Cars like these remind of the movie The Fast and The Furious.

7. Now, I am not entirely all about those "materialistic" stuff. Yes, I am also in touched with my spiritual side. So, a pilgrimage to the Holy Land and Rome is definitely part of my wishlist. The land is packed with history and stories, not to mention its connection with my Christian faith. A week in the Holy Land visiting all the religious sites plus a day or two in Rome will be a swell deal. Hey, asking for an audience with the Pope would already be too much, wouldn't it?

8. I am a certified House, MD addict. And if there is one thing to do before I die (and I am exaggerating here) is to visit the set of House M.D. This T.V. series is really the coolest thing to have hit T.V. since its invention. The storyline and the acting and everything. It is something which I can relate with and definitely a source of "moral lessons" for any medical student, and even doctor as well. If only I can shake hands with the actors who play the characters of this T.V. series.


9. Finally, I have always wanted to have a house by the beach. I would always envision myself waking up to the cool sea breeze, to the sounds of the nearby waves. And then after breakfast, a quick stroll along the white sandy coastline. Then maybe a moonlit dinner by the shore. A house by the beach is a dream house for me.




Comments

Popular Posts