Getting Hyped For The 33rd CME


When they announced more than a week ago that the venue for the 33rd CME of the Doctors to the Barrios is in Tacloban, Leyte, frankly I wasn't excited. I haven't been to Leyte yet and it would be my first time in Tacloban but I was hoping to have the CME in Manila again. Well, let's just say it is for my vested interest. Perhaps my lack of excitement for Tacloban was due to the fact that I have absolutely no idea about Tacloban. I do not know of any places of interests in Leyte, save of course for the Landing Site of General MacArthur in Palo. In fact, the hotel where we will be staying will be in Palo, Leyte: The Macarthur Park Beach resort Hotel. According to my research, it is about 15 mins away from the Airport, about 20 minutes away from Tacloban City proper. Getting there requires some connect the dots technique. I will be taking the plane to Cebu from Bacolod, stay for the night in Cebu, take the early plane to Tacloban then ride a taxi to the hotel. The 33rd CME will be on Sept 30 to October 10.

I am looking forward to this particular CME because I will be meeting two of my batchmates from Med School who became the latest addition to the growing family of DTTBs. There are a lot of things to catch up with, now that we are at least a year-old in the medical profession.


Comments

Popular Posts