Pilgrimage To Simala


Fulfilling my promise pledged a year ago, I made my pilgrimage back to Simala last weekend this time with the entire family. It's my first trip back to Cebu together with my wife and kids and although it was kind of a whirlwind experience, it was worth the trip. We went to Cebu last Saturday via Don Salvador Benedicto, through San Carlos City then Toledo then to Cebu City. The kids were enjoying every bit of it, especially my son who was expecting a beach when we arrived in Cebu. He must have probably recalled our last Family Day Out in Boracay last May. We went to Simala, Sibonga the following day, Sunday. The place was packed with pilgrims. We were unable really to go inside the sanctuary where the miraculous image of the Virgin Mary was venerated by thousands of pilgrims lining up the path from the main entrance all the way to the church. Instead, we lit candles outside and bought some souvenirs after I offered a thanksgiving prayer.

Back in Cebu City, we went to the Basillica del Sto. Nino after lunch, went inside the museum and posed before Magellan's Cross. The rest of the day was spent malling and buying pasalubong for the folks back home.

The following day, we all went to the airport, took our morning flight home and by 10 a.m. we were already in Bacolod City. It was my wife's and kids' first airplane ride.

Plans of going back to Cebu are being made for December, considering the long holiday break this Christmas season (Imagine, 12 days of no work!)







Comments

Popular Posts