Predeployment Seminar for the Doctors To the Barrio Batch 23: Sunday Reflections

After attending the holy mass at Malate Church, a walking distance from the hotel, I was inspired to formulate this prayer for the Doctors To The Barrio Batch 23. It is a paraphrased prayer popularized by St. Francis of Assisi.

The original Prayer is actually a prayer for peace and it is fitting that in my municipality, in the past, there have been instances of armed conflicts between the New People's Army and the Armed Forces of the Philippines. Part of the history of Candoni is actually the formation of a Peace Zone initiated by the people of the area, fed up by the violence and conflict. I am hoping to channel this desire for peace in relation to the delivery of health services. Peace for Health!

Lord, make me a genuine doctor to the barrio;
where there is illness, let me provide healing;
where there is injury, care;
where there is conflict, resolution;
where there is confusion, order;
where there is despondency, encouragement;
and where there is despair, hope.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be recognized as to acknowledge the needs of my community;
to be heard, as to hear the cries of the poor;
to be pampered, as to comfort my patients and constituents;
for it is in healing that I am healed,
it is in serving that I lead,
and it is in sacrifice that I make a difference.
Amen.











Comments

Popular Posts