The 28th Masskara Festival

I just came from the public plaza to witness the 28th Masskara Festival, a unique festival of Bacolod City, Philippines. Yesterday I also dropped by the plaza to watch the barangay category of the competition. As usual the bleachers were filled with people. At first I was seated at the upper portion of the bleachers right at the center, but organizers suddenly announced that those at the bleachers should vacate the place to give way for guests. By that time the bleachers were already 90% filled up with people. So the "masa" went down the bleachers and stood under the blazing sun while tardy guests went to take their place in the bleachers area.

Anyway, the parade started at around 2 pm and the actual arena dance competition began at 3 pm. After the first group performed, I left the plaza, fought my way against the crowds in the streets and took some pictures of the masked revelers in Araneta street.




Again, I hated this year's theme dance/song. Suggestion: can we get rid of the rapping please, for the love of God? Anyway, Happy Masskara Bacolodnons. And yes, Sige lang, sige na, Bacolod Batu kita!










Comments

Popular Posts