7-7-7! Lucky Vibes


Call it superstitious but right after the Mass this morning, those of us who are planning to take the boards in Cebu have realized that our date of departure will be on July 7, 2007, at around 7:15 a.m. July , the seventh month, on the seventh day on 2007 at the 7th hour of the day. 7-7-7-7! Talk about good vibes for the group. Call it coincidence but I have a gut feeling everything has already been pre-destined. We never really realized it until this morning. So after the mass, everyone huddled inside the priest's sacristy where we all got a special blessing from him. Coincidentally, the priest was a former classmate's cousin, who is also taking up her post-graduate internship today. The prayer was really for a 100% passing rate.

Earlier during the day, while I was also typing a letter for the Center of Lasallian Ministries (CELAM), I received an email from a professor of mine in the medical school. He was my former boss in the department of medicine while I was an intern and a clerk. He is now in the States with his family. Ever since he came to teach in the college, he was one of the few mentors I personally look up to. I told him in my reply how his email of support and encouragement came just in time.

Here's an excerpt from his email. While it is personally addressed to me, I believe he was writing for the entire batch.

I am writing to wish you and all your batchmates a very good luck on the coming August board exams. I was not able to do so before I left the Philippines. I know that as the exams draw nearer, fear, apprehension and a little panic are felt by most of you, believe me, it will only get worse as the exam date draws nearer. My unsolicited advise however is, let those feelings of inadequacy and fear of the unknown propel you to strive and study harder..Don't lose site of the objective, of what all the studying, cramming, never ending exams, endless duties, tortures and
humiliations, was all about- to be a licensed Medical Doctor ! Just a few more weeks and all of that will be sure thing.

Never underestimate the power of prayers. Encourage your friends and family to form prayer brigades to storm the heavens on your exam dates and never stop praying even after the exam for enlightenment as to what to pursue next. Because after all, the board exam is only the beginning of next phase of your journey in your chosen profession...


With supportive mentors like this, who else could fail the exams?

Anyway, I have been trying to follow his advice about the prayer brigade as early as last week. I have been giving out holy cards to close friends with a brief note of reminding them to pray for me and my batchmates.

It will be a little over a week before I will be leaving for Cebu. I do hope all of the efforts we poured into this dream will be given justice. To our family and friends, and mentors, thank you for your prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts