The Eccentricities of Daily Life

These crazy stuff that happen to us are those that keep our lives fun and happy. They complicate life sometimes and most often we do not want them to happen at all. But I am glad for these simple eccentricities of life. They are the things that keep me human.

I was always asked why I am so "benign" whenever I go on duty at the hospital. If only they knew how far from being "benign" my life is. I got married early in life, with almost zero income to provide for my pregnant wife and 4-year old kid. I am about to take the boards with no sure guarantee of passing them and even if I do, there is also no sure warranty that I may succeed in my profession. I go crazy every day looking for dough so I could at least provide something for my young family. I go more than crazy whenever I swallow my pride and ask dough from my parents. I am 26, married and still dependent.

I am an official handicap.

But I look at life with a positive outlook. I face the buffets of reality with a smirk on my face. My humor has become my armor. My laughters my biggest weapons against the destructive pessimism and criticism of life. I thrive best with people who share the same positive disposition towards life.

Every day when I visit my patients I find solace in their sufferings and fulfillment in the chance of having helped them face these sufferings. I always made it a point to make my patients laugh at least once a day. I never leave their room or beds without making them even just smile for a quick second. In exchange for these, I cry myself at times especially at night when half the world is asleep and I remain awake trying to struggle against my insomnia. I look at my wife and kid and how I blame myself for their misery for having me as head of their family.

But life is crazy. And I love it. And I praise the God who made it so.

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice DETECTO pic, Bien..
Bluesolstice said…
not mine actually..hehehe

Popular Posts