Letting Go


If tombs and death can teach, they teach us to let go. The past few days have been lessons for letting go to some of us PGIs. For us outgoing OB-GYNE PGIs, it was time to let go of the comforts of the hospital, the familiar surroundings of the DR and Nursery, time to move on and venture out into another assignment: Community. But the letting go wasn't really sudden. The letting go process involved 2 days of partee starting with Dr. Escaniel's and Nurse Argee's birthday celebration. The following day we OB and Pedia PGIs gave a shifting partee to the DR and Nursery staff. I made the fruit salad myself. It was fun times for the DR staff. November 1 marked the first day of a new assignment. I purposedly did not report to the OPD that morning because I was too busy preparing the foods for our expected visitors. So, as early as 8 a.m. my wife and I were busy preparing at the kitchen, cooking everything that we bought the night earlier. I made spaghetti, chicken pochero, Waldorf salad, and Chicken adobo. There was still some cake left from my Mom's birthday 2 nights ago and enough fruit salad from the shifting party. At around 6 p.m. Roann and I went around the cemetery, met some of our relatives at the grave site and then prepared dinner for them at around 7:30 p.m. I cooked chicken tinola while my parents bought chicken lechon. For a day, I let go of thoughts about the hospital and focused myself on the things at home, spending time with my wife and my son.

Some PGIs are also experiencing moments of letting go. Whether it is letting go of some doubts, letting go of mistrust or letting go of a "best friend", the letting go process can either be painful or redemptive.

No matter how you let go or what you let go of, you have to let go with both hands. It is always a wait-and-see attitude. Who knows, the things you have let go may just come back at you.

Comments

Popular Posts