Floating on a Saturday

Even if I am assigned in Community, we are still required to "float" in duty days when no PGI is present. Currently, Gesper and TinTin are the only two PGIs rotating in Surgery, which means, there is at least one in every three days that there is no PGI working in Surgery. (Joanne is still on leave) So it is up to us Community PGIs to float after office hours. Today, I am scheduled to float. While I don't like the set up of us Community PGIs floating, I believe there is really no choice left for us. I still think Community Rotation is a time when a PGI is really working in the community, which means no 24 hour-duties for the entire rotation. It is the only time of a PGIs life when he gets to sleep in his own comfortable home every night without much worry and pressure. But this decision to float has already been made and we have no choice.

But actually we do have a choice. We can either choose to be sad and lonely, or choose to find humor in all of this hard work. To smile, to laugh, to make other people laugh and smile, it is more productive than grumbling and complaining. Anyway, floating happens only once every 9 days. I have 8 days of spending time at home, staying up late at night and enjoying family time. Like a few nights ago, my wife and I with my kid took time to hang out in East Block, a nice hang out spot near Lopue's East. The ambience is great and the place is awesome. It was my first time to eat at Mang Inasal.

So I have only 45 mins left. Happy Saturday everyone. Tomorrow is a family outing day.

Comments

Popular Posts