The Final Days Are Here

Three more days and I am outta OB-GYNE Department. This could mean 2 months of peace and isolation from the affairs at the Hospital. Hmmm...not quite though. Despite our posting as Community PGIs, we will still be reporting every afternoon at the hospital's ER department, in charged with the OPD section. We are also not spared from attending the daily afternoon conferences at the board room.

What I will especially miss:
1. For two months, I will not be assigned any case report or grand rounds discussion which is great! Yesterday, during Tin's Friday Conference, we were all surprised when Dr. Guancia, the Walking Harrison and Head of the Internal Medicine Department of my alma-mater hospital, attended the conference. He was his usual self of course: interrogating, intimidating and intellectual. Nobody's ready whenever he's around. Just the sight of him made all our bowels hyperactive. And that was just us the audience. I could just imagine how Tin Tin was feeling then. Good thing she had her C.I. (clinical instructor a.k.a. Mark) with her for some bit of coaching and moral support.


2. The hussle at the Delivery Room. I love it when we have double table episodes (two patients or more giving birth at the same time). But I still hold the record of having admitted the least number of patients ever. Among the three of us, I maintain my benign streak. I am the least toxic in admissions, in deliveries and even OR procedures. During my last duty, I only had one admission!

3. Sleeping at the On Call Room with fellow PGIs. Spending the night with these bunch of weirdos is always a blast. There are times though that we don't get to see each other because of the toxicities we have at the ER but whenever we eat dinner together, it is always a happy moment. Lately though, most of us would spent the night at the Labor Room because of some "supernatural" phenomena some of us have been experiencing inside our On Call Room. Like there was one time when Marc heard footsteps walking around our on call room during a black out one evening. When he told this to Kenneth, she had to leap from her seat and huddle under the blanket screaming beside Marc. Since then, she started sleeping at the Labor Room.


Tomorrow is my final 24 hour duty for OB-GYNE. After this, I have 2 months of peace and quiet.

Latest News:
1. Look Ma! Twins! : I forgot to mention that my friend and fellow PGI Joanne already gave birth to twins last week. She was supposed to deliver here at Mercy Hospital but because her twins were premature and our nursery was undergoing renovations, there is only one isolette at hand. We had to bring her to Riverside Medical Center where our classmates Peewee and Joyce received her and took care of her. The twins are girls and the last time I heard, one of the twins needed some blood.
2. "Habemus Internam Novum!": "We have a new Intern!" and his name's JJ and he will be starting his duty this November. He also came from West Visayas State University and he will be taking the spot which Kathleen left when she decided to have her internship in Cardinal Santos Hospital in Manila. We welcome JJ and hope he doesn't change his mind when he gets to know the pyscho PGIs working with him! Hehehe.
3. "Habemus Papam Secundo!": "We have a Father.. Again!" More details in the coming blog. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts