Long Weekends

I haven't really posted a good blog here lately. It seems my work as a Pedia PGI has caught up with me. Not that I am toxic. My benign streak is still unbeatable with a record zero admission. It's just that being in nursery gives me limited movement during the day. Most of my day is spent inside the big "baby day care" center where the sight is nothing but bundles of joy with sucking mouths to feed q hourly (every hour). At around 10 a.m., the drapes are raised for moms and dads to view their products of affection, and then you get to know how a goldfish feels like. Later in the day, you wait for some G2P1 woman in labor for her own child to come out. So, across the delivery room you stand, all gloved and capped and so on, waiting beside a female stranger, with legs spread and mounted, then the scissors start to sound as the obstetrician begins doing her episiotomy. A few minutes later, that familiar cry of a totally dazed neonate wakes you up from La-la land. Umbillical cord's clamped and cut then you let mama kiss baby goodbye then hurry the nweborn to the nursery where you do the rest of the so-called routine newborn care.

What I do love about nursery post is when you are asked to mail the newborn screen tests. That's the time you can get out of the hospital in the middle of day and go to the nearest FedEx which is actually around 2-3 kilometers away to mail the tests. That's the only time I can get to see what's going on outside of the hospital and get to have a free lagaw(stroll) along the way. I did take my free stroll and found myself taking pictures of some familiar sights in the City of Smiles, right in the heart of Bacolod.

I am Weekend Off today and The Family's going to have dinner tonight to celebrate my wife's birthday. Actually, her birthday's not until tomorrow but I am on 24 hour-duty tomorrow so we are celebrating her day in advance. Tomorrow is P-Day also so I am planning to buy my gift for her tomorrow instead of today which I originally intended.

Btw, my son's quarterly exams were released. He got perfect in all of his tests! Way to go my boy! That reminds me, I have to treat him out to McDonalds just as I promised myself I would when his exams would turn out great.

Comments

Popular Posts