Foodpanda vs GrabFood

I used to love Foodpanda. The first time I learned about the concept I was so sold with it. Imagine accessing different restaurants without having to leave your house. You can look at their menus and decide from the comforts of your home. And once you have made your choice you can make your order and it will be delivered to you in no time. I have been utilizing this app for a long time and believe me it is not a perfect app and it has yet to really improve on its services. There are delays at times but most of the time it is not the fault of Foodpanda. I had other worse experiences with Foodpanda. The last time when the rider did not deliver a complete delivery. So I had to wait for my complete meal to be delivered and it took more than an hour to make the full and complete delivery. It was definitely frustrating, not only the delay but how the problem was handled by Foodpanda. 

Because of that, I deleted the app and decided not to use it again. Until yesterday when I decided to download it again to get some late night food. I made an order through Foodpanda but a few seconds later I recognized that the GPS locator in the app was erroneous. So the delivery address was wrong. I contacted Foodpanda through live chat and informed the agent about it. I was guaranteed that the wrong address would be corrected and the rider will be informed about the correct address.

So I thought the problem was fixed already. A few minutes later, I contacted Foodpanda again just to follow up on the order and I was reassured that the rider was on his way. I also reemphasized that the rider should be delivering to the corrected address. 

A few minutes later I got a notification that my delivery was cancelled. Furious, I contacted Foodpanda again. I was told that the delivery was cancelled because the rider was not able to deliver my food and wasnt able to contact me. So I clarified with the agent that I was chatting with if the rider reached the correct address. Only to find out that he did not. He still delivered the food in the wrong address. The previous agents failed to inform the rider of the corrected address.




Because of this, I was not able to eat my dinner on time. Once again, Food panda failed. And what an epic fail.

Then I remembered, there is an alternative to foodpanda: GrabFood. 


So I staked my luck and tried if Grabfood would be available and better. I was able to make my order, a driver picked up my request, drove to the restaurant and made my order and waited for my order and delivered it all under 30 minutes. 


Grabfood saved my night. Grabfood is not perfect I presume and it also has its own shortcomings, for example it does not indicate whether the restaurant is open or not. but as for me, I am definitely not going back to Foodpanda. At least now, we have (better?) options. And GrabFood is promising




Like it? Share it.

Comments

Popular Posts