1.This year's Masskara Festival will be under the leadership of its new Festival director, Rhoderick Samonte.
2. The Masskara festival will include sporting events, the biggest would be the Football Peace Cup which will be participated by no less than the Philippine Azkals who are currently the defending champions of the tournament. The sporting event will be held at the Panaad Stadium.
3. The festivities will not only be confined in Lacson Street. It will also include Araneta Street.
4. There are hints of "light shows" and "masskara boats" near the Baywalk area.
5. The Masskara Dance Competition might be held at the Paglaum Sports Stadium presumably to make the spectators more comfortable in watching the event. The Public Plaza will be used for concerts and other cultural and music events during the festivities.
|A picture of Mayor Monico shared via Facebook showing his plans for Masskara 2013|
The official logo of the Masskara Festival 2013 has also already been released:
I heard that a press conference will be held next week during which Mr. Samonte will be announcing to the press the final plans for Masskara 2013. I have big expectations for this year's celebrations. If I were to make some proposals for the Masskara 2013:
1. I still like the original Latin/Samba beat of the Masskara Festival. I grew up watching and listening to the Masskara festivals of the past. I do hope they bring back the Latin-inspired music with perhaps a little touch of modern flavor.
2. Let's bring back the Parade of Floats not just during the evening but even during the day time.
3. A flash mob perhaps at the iconic Public Plaza grounds?
4. Inter-barangay Odd Fun Games like padasig-dasig pang-us tu-bo, padamo-damo ka-on inasal nga manok in 5 minutes, etc.
5. A noon time show to hold their program live in Bacolod City (It's Showtime or Eat Bulaga)
6. Food Bazaars featuring local delicacies such as pia-ya, napoleones, cansi, etc.
7. Is there still time for an inter-school or inter-collegiate cheerdance competition or something?
8. Livestreaming of Masskara activities so that the entire world can see Bacolod City (through ustream.tv or justin.tv). Which means, Bacolod City can also put up wi-fi hotspots across the Masskara venues so they can twit or post in their Facebooks about what's happening in Bacolod City #Masskara2013 #BacolodCity2013
Big expectations for Masskara 2013. This is another opportunity to showcase Bacolod City, its culture, people, food and lifestyle. To guests who are planning to go to Bacolod this October, reserve your flights and hotel accommodations as early as now.
"Kari sa Bacolod kung diin matam-is ang mga yuhum sang mga Bacolodnon"
Come to Bacolod where the smiles of the Bacolodnon are sweeter.
Will post more info about Masskara 2013 in this blog. Keep posted.
Like it? Share it.