Alone In Toulon

I never expected in my entire life that I could step on French soil even if it's just in Toulon, France. Toulon is located south of France and is actually a military harbor city. So when our ship docked in the port of Toulon, I took my little backpack with me and decided to go around the city alone by myself. It was definitely a moment for reflective walking, just wandering around the city. Plus, most of my shipmates were on port manning that day and there was supposedly a boat drill scheduled for half of the crew.


Anyway, I didn't have a map with me so I just decided to follow the street signs and just basically wander around. I still couldn't believe that I am in France. Yes, it is no Paris or Marseilles but still, the French atmosphere was undeniable. With such limited time and without a car I could not really tour the entire city but what fascinated me was the coast line and the quiet hush in the neighborhood where I walked through.












Like it? Share it.

Comments

Popular Posts