Year 2009 A.D.


In a few more days, 2009 will become a part of human history, my own personal history. Like many years that have gone before, this one is indeed a memorable year. Looking back, there are still the usual heartaches, frustrations, failures, small achievements, vindications and hopeful moments. There are as many low points as there are high points. If I can generalize things, 2009 is a year of great moments. First of all, 2009 is the great year of travel for me. I have traveled more frequently this year than ever before: Manila, Cebu, Iloilo, Puerto Princesa, Tagaytay and Clark. Many of these travels are due to conferences, trainings and award ceremonies. I have observed though that in my frequent travels, a storm always follows close. This is true during my HLMP training in Tagaytay and 34th CME DTTB also in Tagaytay. During the AMHOP convention in Puerto Princesa, a storm also hit Palawan. During the 35th CME in Clark, Pampanga, a storm was ravaging Central Luzon.

I am not sure but in 2008, I had the same observation. There was a storm during our HLMP training in Bohol. There was yet another storm during our 33rd CME in Palo, Leyte. Of course, during the 32nd CME in Manila, it was also a very stormy week.

I am thankful to the Lord for accompanying me throughout my travels, for allowing St. Raphael my Guardian Angel to be with me and to the family I would leave behind every time I travel.

Secondly, the year 2009 is a great year of recognitions. I was happy to have received citations such as the grand distinction award for my work as a doctor to the barrios. I was happy also that my LGU won the Sandugo awards for the first time this year as well. Finally, just before this year is about to end, I was privileged to have been selected as the adult leader to represent the country during the upcoming ASEAN youth leadership program at Northern Illinois University in April 2010.

I am thankful to the Lord for the affirmation He has given me through these recognitions which I share with my family and friends. He has taught me humility throughout these experienced and I hope that I will never forget to be ever grateful to HIm.

Thirdly, the year 2009 is a great year for the family. I am happy that the family was able to have our family vacation after so many years in Boracay during the latter part of summer. At the same time, we were able to throw a party for my 7-year-old son. Family is important and my family is my inspiration. Thus, it is also my great pride to see my son attend Grade 1 this year and received his First "GL" honors for the first and second quarters.

I am thankful to the Lord for preserving my family, keeping us safe as always. The Lord always protect and watch over us.

There have been many bad experiences this year and I am pretty sure that these heartaches will remain perhaps in the coming year, considering that nobody's perfect, even my very own life story. There will always be things that will attempt to weigh me down. My prayer is that the Lord shall allow me endure the moment when life's pressures submerge me into the depths. I pray that in my frequent loneliness the Lord will sit beside me and patiently listen to my self-pities. I have survived 2009 in all of its glorious and even lamentable moments.

Some would say that 2009 is my year. I say, 2009 is just the start of many more.











Comments

Popular Posts