I Can't Wait for 2012!

I just saw the trailer of this upcoming doomsday movie, from the same guys who brought us Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow. 2012: The Movie is definitely an intriguing movie. I am posting the trailer here in my blog courtesy of yahoo.com


The movie is based on an old Mayan prophecy, that by December 21, 2012, the world will end. This is based on the fact that Mayans ended their calendar with the date 12/21/12. Coincidentally, during the winter solstice of 2012 (December 21-23), the orbital planes of the planets including the 12 zodiacal constellations will intersect with what they call as the "Dark Rift" which is actually a dark portion of the Milky Way galaxy located next to the Constellation Sagittarius. This conjunction in the heavens was perhaps identified by the early Mayan astronomers and made it a reference point for ending their calendar but for some radical thinkers, this might usher a new age for the entire planet.

I am a history fanatic, whether it would be ancient or modern history, and I love movies that are somewhat influenced by historic events, whether it would be true-to-life or an alternative perspective of a real historic event.

2012 I predict will be another smashing hit and I can't wait for the coming "of the end".


Comments

Popular Posts