Monday Madness

This particular Monday is officially another Mad Monday. The morning started okay. Before heading to the Provincial health office for a scheduled meeting on the Province-wide Investment Plan for Health, I dropped by the Universalle Bookstore to buy books for my incoming Grade One kid. I would call this a happy moment. I could not describe the feeling. I am excited and nervous and happy and jittery all at the same time.

After buying books and all the stuff for school, I went to buy the local newspaper Agila expecting that my recently submitted article on Doctors to the Barrios would be published today. To my surprise, the article was published but not under my name! I was shocked. I knew it was an honest mistake on the part of the editors but they should know that. I immediately called some people affiliated with the newspaper and told them about the error. I also tried to call the EIC on his cellphone and even left a text message. The EIC never called me back or even texted me. I got a text though offering an apology and the assurance that they would correct this error ASAP (I don't know how they are going to that). I would call this a mad moment. I was expecting to have that article framed and to be presented during my gallery when I exit the DTTB program this coming October. I was also expecting at least a personal apology from the EIC but somehow he was too busy frolicking in the white sands of Boracay. If I were the EIC, I would make all efforts to contact the contributor and offer a personal apology and assurance of correcting the error. They must have forgotten that I contribute for free and I don't even receive any complimentary copy for my contribution. In other words, I still would buy the newspaper for 10 pesos just to see my published article which I sent to them for free.

It was yet another frustrating moment at the PIPH workshop. The disorganization and chaos has given me the impression that the Provincial Health Office does not exactly know what they are doing. Quite frankly, it was a waste of time. I would call this a waste-of-time moment.

I was also informed that the Mayor of Candoni was brought to BAMC yesterday due to increased blood pressure. I visited the semi-conscious but arousable Mayor at the ICU and was able to talk to Nong Ferdinand, the Mayor's personal confidant and adviser on Barangay Affairs. I promised to visit the Mayor tomorrow again.

Before I went home, I did the groceries and bought some doughnuts for the kids. When I opened my email, I was glad to receive an email from Zuellig informing me that I am part of the upcoming Module 2 and 3 of the HLMP training to be held on July at Tagaytay (would you believe that!). I am looking forward to this and I will be showing the official letter to my A.O. this Wednesday for my travel order. I would call this a saving moment.

Of course, playing with the kids, watching them have fun with their toys and being hugged by the wife....well, that completes my day.





Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts