Give Me A Rest, Will Ya?

This week is a hectic week. It started with yesterday, when I went to Kabankalan City to attend our Technical Working Group Meeting of the South Negros Interlocal health Zone. The agenda: The Interlocal Health Zone Anniversary at Sipalay. The last time I went to Sipalay was last year to attend an Interlocal health zone meeting as well but I never got to enjoy the white sands of Negros island in Sipalay. Now, the Zone is planning to hold its annual interlocal health zone anniversary in Sipalay. So, from Bacolod, I took an early bus ride to Kabankalan, had my late breakfast at the bus terminal and attended a four-hour meeting. It was not really a toxic meeting. It was light, light enough to even include some "gossips" about the latest Hayden Kho-Katrina Halili sex scandal.

After lunch, I went back to Bacolod instead of going to Candoni because I was scheduled to attend another meeting in Bacolod the following day (which is today). The meeting was actually an orientation on Infant and Young Child Feeding, which was coordinated by the ECCD. It was sort of a review on how to implement Breastfeeding and Complementary feeding.


Prior to going to the Governor's Hall at the Capitol Building, I had to drop by CENECO to pay our electricity bills. After the meeting at the Capitol, I had to drop by the Riverside Medical Center to visit Mayor Cicero Borromeo who had a serious stroke a few weeks ago. I was able to talk to her daughter and she told me there had been good signs of improvement. The good Mayor was now able to move his limbs spontaneously although there was yet to have some spontaneous eye opening. The family is hopeful and it has been their faith that has kept them going through this trial. The entire PNP force was also there, together with Chief PNP Cana.

During the conversation, the Mayor's daughter, who happened to be a nurse based in the U.S. promised to help our main health center in whatever way she could. She asked me about the needs of the Main Health Center and I immediately told her of our needs.

After my visit at the Riverside Medical Center, I made a short stop at the nearest grocery store to buy some pizza for the family.

Tonight, while I am blogging, I am also preparing my notes for my lecture tomorrow during our BHW training. The training started yesterday and it will end this Friday. The topics were distributed to the rest of the BHS midwives. I am to give a lecture on physical examination. I am supposed to lecture the whole day but I have to insert an important meeting with the staff after lunch regarding what we have discussed during the ILHZ TWG meeting. I have also scheduled some students who are in need of medical examination for their medical certificate as requirement for their school.

Thursday will also be another hectic day. The Philippine Councilor's League will be holding their medical and dental mission in Candoni and I will be one of the doctors. Friday of course will be another hectic day.

I need a rest people. I need a break. June will be another toxic month. I have scheduled various activities for June, including the launching of our Bantay Dengue Brigade for every Barangay. Of course, an upcoming training for TB in children is scheduled in the middle of June.

July will be another hectic month. I have scheduled a full-month activity for our Nutrition Month Celebration. I am proposing to hold a Gulay Festival, the first ever in Candoni. It will be a cookfest among the barangays and the main ingredient is anything basta vegetable. This is still in line with our year-long Healthy Lifestyle program under Proper Diet.

Need I proceed to August?





Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts