Back to the Future

After an extended two days of "working vacation", I will be heading back to Candoni first thing in the morning tomorrow. A lot of work is pending on my desk. There are in fact 9 young kids waiting for me tomorrow for their scheduled circumcision. Of course, an important staff meeting in the afternoon will follow. The agenda are: the perennial problem with my Job Orders (or at least one of them) and the upcoming Summer youth camp this Thursday. Although I am expecting some huge support from the SK councils and the Parish youth council, I could not help but feel pessimistic about the youth camp. I don't know if it will be as successful as I would expect it. After all, I have been away for 3 weeks and I was not there first hand to help in the organizing of the youth camp. As far as the people in the ground would tell me, everything seems to be okay and ready for the Youth Camp. Nevertheless, whether only 20 or 100 are coming, the advocacy for Sexual Abstinence as an important means of preventing health hazards and unwanted pregnancies among adolescents must be pursued.

I will be rushing back to Bacolod this Friday hoping to get updated with Mayor Cicero's condition. He just had ventriculostomy due to hydrocephalus secondary to a cerebellar infarct. I was able to see the CT scans and it appeared to be a massive cerebellar infarct. So far, the fluid which accumulated around the brain has been drained and his vitals are being monitored closely. Hopefully, the good Mayor can recover from this ordeal.

There are so much concerns to give attention to the next few days. Of course, next week will be another busy week. We have scheduled a training for our new Barangay health workers the entire week and the Philippine Councilor's League will be doing a medical mission next Thursday in my area. I will be one of the doctors who will be handling the medical and dental mission.

So after two weeks, I will be starting my countdown to my finale as a DTTB. I am still unsure whether I would want to be absorbed by my LGU. In fact, I am not even sure if my LGU will absorb me. Either way, I am making plans B and C and even D in case plan A will not work.

Hakuna Matata.





Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts