Hello Puerto Princesa

I am now in Puerto Princesa. This is my first trip to Palawan. I arrived here earlier than I expected. According to my e-ticket, the plane from Cebu was supposed to leave for Puerto Princesa at around 2:50 p.m. but around 2:15 p.m. we were already boarding the plane and by 2:35 p.m., we left Cebu-Mactan International Airport. Prior to departure, I was able to see Doc Pong, a fellow DTTB (batch 23 and a half..long story) and some of the delegates heading for the AMHOP convention. Of course, my fellow Negrense doctors were also there: Doc Weng, Doc Febie and Doc Nely. Some of my DTTB batchmates texted me and told me that they are coming to Puerto Princesa tomorrow, on separate flights. Our plane landed just around 4:00 p.m. here in Puerto Princesa so I had to wait for my ride to Lola Itang. Around 15 minutes later, Lola Itang's van arrived. Together with me were 3 other doctors from Cebu Province. It was a good 10-minute ride from the airport to Lola Itang's.

It is supposed to be right at the "center" of Puerto Princesa but after roaming the streets late this afternoon, I discovered that it is not exactly at the "center" of Puerto Princesa. Sure, the fast food chains and mini-malls are all but a walking distance from Lola Itang but it is a good half a kilometer to more than a kilometer walk. But my room is cozy, small but comfortable. It has a private bath, TV and aircon but it doesn't have a room phone. But it has a small balcony just outside the room. Unfortunately, the wi-fi coverage cannot reach my room so I have to access the wi-fi right here at Lola Itang's Restaurant.

I am actually waiting for my dinner right now here at the Restaurant. Hopefully I can also get to chat with the guys at home. I already texted them a few seconds earlier that I am already online.

The AMHOP convention starts tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. and although our initial plan was to have ourselves registered by today, we decided to skip the registration, rest and have it done early morning tomorrow. Besides, the other guests are mostly coming in tomorrow.

Well, dinner is being served now so I guess I have to stop my blogging for a while.





Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts