Happy Place


After a hectic week, I find myself dreaming of my happy place, where I can find rest and relaxation, where stress is not existent and all desires are reachable and available in an instant. The first week of March will be "back-to-normal" week for me, although it may not be entirely stress-free. There is still more work to be done, with so little time left.

If you ask me today, if I would continue my work as a doctor to the barrio in my present area of assignment, I might answer you, "No". I know that there are still a lot of things to do for my area, and they may not be completed within the short 2 years. However, I have place certain conditions that would make me stay at least for the next 6 months after the end of my contract. So far, I have yet to see those conditions accomplished.

On the more personal side, I have to consider the financial stability of my own self and family. The choices I will have to make shall shape the kind of future that I will choose for myself and my family. It is a crucial decision that is why I am not really rushing into making it. In the meantime, I set aside those concerns and do what I can do at the present moment.

How I wish though that I can be transported, even for 60 seconds or less, to this happy place, where I can just take a moment to absorb some ounce of bliss and indescribable moment. There are really times when I would feel autistic, desiring to be alone in a crowd, to be just with myself, in the middle of a sea of strangers.

Somehow, it is this unhealthy desire to escape reality. Reality is stressful. If only I can find that moment of peace.

But reality is always inevitable. It holds on us with a tight grip. Our only option therefore is to learn how to deal with such a reality. My only hope is that, after this trial and error, I can get to find my reward at the end, even if it would only be words of "Well done".





Post Classified Ads That Produce Results

Comments

Popular Posts