The Return Of The ComeBack


This morning, before I went to the Provincial Health Office for a supposed monthly meeting, my wife and I brought our eldest son to our alma mater to take the entrance exams for elementary. It was our first time together as husband and wife to come back to our alma mater. More than 20 years ago, my own parents brought me to this school to take an entrance exam for elementary. I could still remember the Guidance Counsellor who led us in to the office to take the exams. It was the same Guidance Counsellor who welcomed my son to her new office this morning for his own entrance exams. It is fulfilling in my part to bring my son to a school where I grew up and have learned so much. The school has influenced me to become who I am today, thanks to great teachers who became more than just instructors. They have been mentors and a few of them have even become my friends.

The entrance exam was supposed to be for one hour and a half so my wife and I went around the campus. We went back to the old biology building where we used to study and hang out with friends. We went back to the university library. We went back to the old foodcourt. We even went inside the integrated school building where I brought her to the cafeteria, library and classrooms where our son would eventually be hanging out with as well.

Days prior to his entrance exam, we were giving him some practice tests in Math, English and Reading. I was told that these three were the main subjects for the entrance exams. My wife browsed through the internet to download some practice tests for elementary kids and printed them out and made our son to answer the questions.

We were quite surprised on how he answered the Reading comprehension tests. He also showed promise in Math, which is a good thing since Math has always been my Waterloo since elementary.

We waited for him at the Guidance Counselling Office where we were told of the schedule of the release of results. We then went to the Provincial Health Office where I was told that the meeting was scheduled for next Thursday. However, I was able to talk to Dra. Efren personally and invited her to come to our Heart Month Activities this February. She told me she will be coming on the 5th of Feb for the opening ceremonies.



Comments

Popular Posts