Countdown Begins


Reasons Why I Should Stay In Candoni After My Contract:
10. Some things need to be followed up and 2 years of stay are not enough.
9. The place is beautiful, far from the rush and stress of the mundane society. I can hide myself here and be free.
8. If I leave, they won't have another doctor, at least for the next few months. And if they are that unfortunate, perhaps for the next 2 years at least, until they can apply for a new DTTB.
7. The gains that we made in the rural health unit are too fresh, too young, and they would need enough nurturing, at least for 6 more months.
6. The staff is wonderful, dependable and deserves more than what they have been receiving.
5. There are a lot of opportunities while in public health, especially travel opportunities. (I can't wait for AMHOP 2010).
4. I still have to finish my HLMP training, if accepted in Module 2 and Module 3. I have always believed that the things I learned in Module 1 changed my perspective totally.
3. With a supportive LGU, where else would an MHO go?
2. Kapoy na kung magtraining. Public health has opened my eyes and have made me realize that it is far better to keep people healthy than treat a sick person. Far more difficult actually. Far more challenging.
1. Hey, after my contract ends, I would definitely need a job.

Reasons Why I Wouldn't Continue My DTTB Contract:
10. Two years are enough and it is high time for the people to take control of their own, assume responsibility and ensure the sustainability of the things we started.
9. The pay does not commensurate the work you do.
8. I doubt whether they will really implement the Magna Carta in full. I am doing my best to lobby for it, but there are "forces" far beyond our control.
7. It is very far from home and I cannot relocate my family with me. Accessibility to the area is still difficult.
6. Time to spread our wings a bit, experience other things and explore other areas.
5. Politics, even the non-partisan type, can be very frustrating. And I don't want to be there come 2010 elections, where politics is too hot too handle, even by the very politicians themselves.
4. I feel that there is something far beyond the mountains of Candoni.
3. It is high time for other new doctors to serve, for as long as the municipality and its people are willing to take care of these doctors.
2. Candoni will have its own Candonian doctors on the rise, who are now preparing themselves for the boards and will (must) eventually serve their own community.
1. Wala gyapon internet kag cable ko yah. (hehehe).




Comments

Popular Posts