USLS-IS Class 1998: Ten Years Later


Tonight, my high school batch will be having its annual reunion. This year, it is more special considering that it is our tenth year as alumni of our school. One cannot imagine how time flew. Yesterday, we were immature high school students enjoying the company of each other in the school halls, covered court, handball court, Nene's, library and elsewhere. Today, we are professionals, with families of our own, having travelled various parts of the country and even the world. Class 1998 of USLS-IS has indeed gone far.

I am proud of my batchmates and although I haven't seen many of them since the day of our graduation from high school, I still keep in touch with most of them. We are maintaining our yahoogroups for the last ten years now and although our website is currently down and undergoing renovation, we have been keeping ourselves updated through the various blogs of our batchmates.

Best-friend-since-grade-five Renalyn is now married and working in Dubai. Ex-fling Rommel is also married and is now based in Ireland. Compadre Frederick is working in a bank in Bacolod, hopefully about to tie the knot as well with his long time girlfriend. Eddie(lyn) is now working in SSS. Bryant is also working in a call center agency (I think). Yoyo is somewhere in Manila working also (please correct me if I'm wrong). Best friend Roi is also stationed in Manila.

The rest of "Nene's angels" are scattered all over the globe. Andrea, Celestine and Karen are in Singapore. Pinky is teaching in Iloilo. Jeannie is already married and has two kids. JR is teaching in their family-owned hacienda school in Silay. Maricel is working with Convergy's and has transferred back to Bacolod with her husband and kids. I saw Ellen last time and she told me she is now affiliated with West Negros University.

Others are now also stationed abroad. Carlo is in the States, as well as honorary batchmates Joe Mari and Justin.

We have doctors (Peewee, Radcibel, Michelle and me), nurses (Joy, Renalyn), teachers (JR, Pinky), architects (Jackie Lou), Military (Eric), pilots (Cirilo), Businesspeople (damo sila!), accountants (Tweety, Rommel), working in government and in private institutions.

Some are married already and have kids of their own. Others are really meant to be single. Others have changed, physically. Those who were used to be chubby became ultra slim. Those who were ultra-slim became ultra-opposite.

We have achievers in the batch as well. For example, our batch Valedictorian, Tweety, was a top-notcher during the CPA board exams.

But even after ten years, I am confident that most of my batchmates are pretty much going to be the same people I have known for the past 10 years of my life in USLS-IS. I still cannot forget the many things we have gone through as friends, classmates and batchmates. We made history when we were Seniors, when we became the first Seniors batch to win the Cheering Competition in the new USLS Coliseum. We were also the first batch to graduate from USLS-IS with female Alma Mater Awardees. We were also the first batch to represent the school in an interschool playfest for two consecutive years.

We have gone a long way and it is going to be an interesting encounter with these people after ten years.



Comments

Jinoe said…
Ey... I have been reading this blog and I just realized na kilala ta ka. Maryosep. Ikaw gali Bien. Batch 96 ako sa IS.

Nice blog. Keep on sharing. :D

Popular Posts