X Marks The Spot: (Everyone is a target)

The events in Mumbai remind us that terrorism is still at large and these cowards are using their twisted interpretation of their religion to spread terror and death. They are indiscriminate in their choice for victims. Their belief is that they are doing their God's will. I cannot conceive a God who will command His children to kill those who are different from them with a promised reward of eternal life. Whether God is Allah, Yahweh, or Jesus Christ, no God in His right Divine Mind can bring such chaos, such suffering, such destruction and misery as what we are seeing in our Television sets. No, religion has nothing to do with this. Terrorism is all about the indelible flaws of human beings who are inherently selfish, violent and domineering. And whether these are Muslim jihadists, or Christian vigilantes or Jewish armed groups or whatever, the victims and the perpetrators are one and the same. So many blood have been shed, so many lives killed. My frustration is that I will bequeath a world to my children infiltrated with such culture of hate, intolerance, revenge and death. I empathize with the people of India, the latest victims of terrorism, and all victims of terrorism throughout our history. I live far from India and yet I feel I too am a victim of such barbaric acts. Everyone is a victim: Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu and atheist. That is why I shall place this "X" in my blog, as a sign of affiliation with the victims of terror. I am a victim. And perhaps my lack of action has made me also a perpetrator.



"X" means No. No to violence. No to hatred. No to the cycle of religious and cultural violence. No to death of innocent civilians. No to war. No to terror.

"X" means also the linking of arms, uniting under one shade of peace, of tolerance, as preached by Gandhi, by Mohammed, by Jesus, by Martin Luther King. "X" means a visible sign of strong opposition. Never again to such violence. Never again to such hatred. I am strong, only when I am with the world's citizens, marching in one cadence, shouting in one voice, that terrorism, in all forms must be opposed, with the force that has been tested throughout time, the force of Peace.

I ask my fellow bloggers to put the "X" mark on their blogs, as a sign of our indignation against this horrible crime against the peace of humanity.

"X" Marks the spot.

Comments

Popular Posts