So Much To Do, So Little Time


Tomorrow is the start of the last 31 days of the year and there is still so much to do. The first week of December will be very very busy. Although it's a holiday tomorrow, I need to go up to my area for the Opening Ceremonies of the Area Meet. All department heads are to be there during the opening ceremonies in the afternoon. Of course, the entire week is more of supervising the entire event from the medical aspect. We will be deploying our midwives and first-aiders for the entire Area Meet on Tuesday. I have also scheduled an emergency meeting with the staff this Wednesday. Por supuesto, tengo que terminar mis papeles de prueba para los exámenes. I need also to finalize our papers for the Healthy Lifestyle Contest. I need to mail them before December 15. Which reminds me, I need also to send via mail my DTR for October (which is long overdue) and my application for forced leave which I will be taking by the 3rd week of December. Until now, I still have to plan for our Holiday vacation. ¿Dónde ir, donde ir?


I will be celebrating my first year as a DTTB in Candoni come Wednesday. They have been asking me the past few days whether or not I will stay after my contract ends. Well, if you ask me, No estoy impaciente para quedarme aquí en Candoni. Sin embargo, sólo me quedaré si el precio es correcto, me permitirán continuar el permiso de estudio, las ventajas de Carta Magna serán totalmente puestas en práctica y tendré una casa que puedo poseer. I believe they will have a hard time trying to fulfill the first three conditions. What I am quite disappointed about the place so far is that politics has been very much so ingrained in the culture of the people. For a non-politician like me, I need to salvage whatever sanity and integrity there is left in me.

But I still have 12 more months and anything can happen. So much more can happen. But if ever I won't continue, I will surely miss the camaraderie of the people, especially of my staff. Somehow, I have felt some affiliation with them already and it will be hard to part ways with friends. It always is.

Comments

Popular Posts