AMHOP Convention Culminates


The 3-day AMHOP convention in Bohol has just concluded. Recap: April 9, Araw ng Kagitingan or Day of Valor, was the opening day of the Convention. A total of more than 500 MHOs and Affiliates were in attendance. Among those from Negros Occidental were Dra. Abella of Hinoba-an, Dra. Vidal and Dra. de los Reyes of Cauayan, Doc Raymond of Murcia and me of Candoni. The opening day was a blur, with 2 opening salvo lectures on medico-legal and Dengue updates. The afternoon was spent with a General Assembly Meeting of all members of AMHOP. The fellowship night was at JJ's seafood resto. April 10, day of lectures, varying from latest updates on health managements to latest trends in public health. Various MHOs also shared their success stories with regards to approaches in various health programs. April 11 was kind of low-key, with keynote lecturer Dr. Sabili, PMA president, tackling the challenges facing the MHO or any government physician for that matter. Of course, one of the many concerns of the government physicians were the failure to fully implement the Magna Carta benefits. MHOs/CHOs are the most undercompensated government workers.

During the closing ceremonies, I was asked by my fellow DTTBs to speak in behalf of all DTTBs in attendance to give our reaction to the convention. I had to thank the organizers of AMHOP for recognizing the DTTB as a valid member of AMHOP. The proof of which is the ammendment of the Constitution and By Laws of AMHOP, where not only MHOs are considered members but even RHPs and DTTBs, even if they do not function as the Office head of their respective departments.

Tomorrow I will be going home to Bacolod bringing with me loads of freebies from the conventions and with a lot of bright ideas on how to implement the various health programs in my area of assignment. I fear I shall incur some excess baggage due to the many "pasalubong" I will be bringing home. Nonetheless I have enjoyed my stay in Bohol and although I may not be able to see the Chocolate Hills and the tarsiers (the Lakbay Aral is scheduled tomorrow on a Saturday), I still find this place warm and friendly. It is definitely a lot different from Bacolod but the hospitality is as warm as back home.

Thank you to AMHOP.

P.S. I have brought "tarsiers" for my health staff and for the kids who will be attending our Launching of the Garantisadong Pambata on Monday. Pictures will be posted next week.


Comments

MerryCherry said…
Hi Bayen.

Please join the TBR 6th ed: Philippine Healthcare System. Details here.

I will be hosting it.

Looking forward to meeting your batch in the CME.
Anonymous said…
Good Morning Sir! I'm an office assistant of a certain organization composed of diabetes educators nationwide. we will be conducting a annual convention this coming aug 28 and 29, 2009 and we plan to invite AMHOP to come and join us or send representatives. may i ask your assistance as to where and who can we contact so we can send the letter of invitation.

i cant seem to find their website, the only website i've seen is the AMHOP Pangasinan.

I hope you can help us. thank you.

mmangalino@yahoo.com

Popular Posts