Whirlwind

I am into speedblogging now, which means I don't have enough time to sit down and write a lengthy blog. At least, not here in the Freudian Slip. Life has been like a whirlwind here as a doctor to the barrio. I am currently in Bacolod attending a retreat in USLS Balay Kalinungan. It is the pre-grad retreat of the Seniors of the USLS-IS and it is my tenth year as one of the facilitators. Before going back to Bacolod last Friday though, I played host to doctor-friends who went to Candoni for a supposed "medical mission". The real medical mission was cancelled, but Marc and Leah did went inside our twin caves in one of the mountains of Candoni. Both Marc and Leah are planning to become doctors to the barrios themselves.

Sunday was my daughter's first birthday and threw a birthday party for family and friends. A few of my high school classmates were there. Many of my doctor batchmates were also there. Even Candoni's municipal treasurer was there, who happened to be my wife's uncle in her mother's side. Congressman Monico stopped by bringing his grandson who is my daughter's godbrother. A lot of my son's classmates and parents were there. It was a fun afternoon for the kids, and the much needed break for me. It was also an opportunity to catch up with other friends as well.

That evening I immediately went to USLS for the retreat and tonight will be my 4th night facilitating. From time to time I would call up the Office at Candoni, or they would call me up to inquire or inform.

Next week I will be reporting in Iloilo and will present my accomplishment report. The week after I will be attending the Interlocal Health Zone meeting at Hinoba-an and the following day I will be attending a training workshop for TB-DOTS in Bacolod at Palmas del Mar. A week after that, although this is tentative still, the entire health staff will be going to Cauayan to attend the Founding Anniversary of the Interlocal health zone. And the week after that, I will be going to Bohol to attend the AMHOP. In my batch of DTTBs only 5 of us will go.

I have to catch my breath for awhile.










Comments

Popular Posts