New Lease In Life

It is the new year and I wanted to make my new year's resolutions. But I wasn't in the mood to making promises I just could not keep. I was wanting first of all to reduce weight. Second, I was wanting to lengthen my patience a little longer. Lastly, I was wanting to lessen my pride just a bit. But I am pretty sure I could not really keep my promise of a diet. Certainly the stress at work will challenge my patience even more. And my mouth is too small to swallow a bit more of my pride. But the new year came in almost like a hush whisper. Yes, there were the usual fireworks and noise, not to mention the gastronomical feast, but 2008's entrance was not as special as one would probably hope. However, like any other new Year's Day, I was given the chance to look back at 2007 and reflect on the year that was added to the archives. If there is one word to describe 2007, it's this: Adventure.

2007 is a year of adventure. It is in 2007 that I had the most exciting moments of my life. Early March of the year, I became a father again when my daughter was born on the tenth of March. It became the start of another road of adventure down Fatherhood-lane.

Of course, April became the end of my Post-graduate internship and the start of another road of adventure: preparation for the board exams. It was perhaps the toughest episode of the year.

I shall never forget the memories I had with my co-interns. They are cherished forever. I have long missed the 24-hour duties, the moments at the OR, even the lull breaks at the ER, and the happy times at the DR. Of course we interns at BOLMSH became more than just co-workers. We became a family. We celebrated our sibling-hood in the white sands of Boracay during early May.

June was a month of preparations for the board exams. I initially had my review in our college in Bacolod. When July came, along with majority of my batchmates, we travelled to Cebu and prepared more intensely for the Board Exams. Cebu became my second home. While in Cebu, I travelled to various places, including Simala where I took a pilgrimage to the miraculous Lady of Simala.

August was Board exams month. I never thought that I would make it. But on the feast of the Assumption, I received the good news.

The latter part of the year was spent travelling back and forth to Cebu, processing my PRC license, attending the oathtaking and fulfilling a promise I made in Simala. During October and November, I decided to apply for DTTB in DOH, so again, another opportunity to travel in Manila and Iloilo.

December was Deployment Month in Candoni.

2007 was an adventure. I expect that 2008 would be another kind of adventure.










Comments

Popular Posts