Life In Candoni's Mountains

I am currently in Bacolod writing this blog. The first meeting of MHOs and CHOs of the province for the year has just ended. I was once again introduced among the MHOs and CHOs as Candoni's new MHO. Murcia's MHO was also introduced. The two of us were neophytes in the field.

For this week, meetings and meetings. Next week, more meetings. January is a month of paperworks and reports, validations and assessment, and meetings. I have been frequenting the office of the Mayor, talking about plans for 2008. I have been going from one place to another, talking with my DOH rep, my SB for health, my midwives and medical staff, discussing new policies, new standards and sharing visions and dreams. I am fortunate to have a staff who have been sharing the same dream for Candoni. The entire place is poor but with a vigorous and God-fearing mayor, albeit hounded by political intrigues, along with a dedicated team of health workers, I am confident that we will perform very well for 2008.

Below are once again pictures of Candoni:


My big backyard behind the current Health Center



Busy staff attending to one of our patients



common sights in Candoni


I am trying to add more pics but the net connection is kinda slow. I will be adding more pics in my multiply site though. Here are more pictures of Candoni courtesy of multiply.











Comments

Popular Posts