Out On A Mission


It is no surprise therefore that on the 3rd of December, the feast of St. Francis Xavier, I will be deployed to Candoni. St. Francis was a missionary. In my case, the mountains of Candoni will be my mission. Life is going to be tough in the mountains. But it is going to be a big change for me. I need not reiterate the opportunity that lies ahead, the opportunity to really make concrete changes in society. Starting from a small town like Candoni is a right step. Most of my batchmates were already deployed. I have made a list of things before I go to Candoni this Monday. At the end of 2 years, I will come back to this list and check.

The Things I Am Worried About:
1. NPAs - peace and security.
2. The modest board and lodging - how modest?
3. the lonely nights away from family
4. dealing with the local government unit - how supportive are they?
5. water supply
6. transportation
7. electricity - how will i charge my "laptop"?
8. lack of supplies and equipments for my MHO
9. communication
10. food

The Things I Look Forward To:
1. the new people to meet
2. the meetings with the local health board
3. what my health center will look like
4. working with my staff
5. barangay visits
6. opportunities for travel
7. sessions/dialogues with the Candonians

The Things I Will Do:
1. Improve the health indicators of Candoni
2. Implement concrete health projects
3. Improve the RHU facilities
4. Help the RHU attain PHIC accreditation
5. Get the Barangays involved
6. Improve the Baranagy Health Stations - there are at least 8
7. Enjoy the weekends diving in Sipalay - rest and recreation
8. Do some backyard gardening in my MHO
9. Promote Candoni
10. Lobby to declare Candoni a Health Zone.












Comments

Popular Posts