Remembering The Dead


Today is All Soul's Day, technically, the actual day during which living relatives are supposed to visit the graves of their dead loved ones. Yesterday was All Saints' Day, the day which the Catholic Church proclaimed as the feast day for all the saints which do not have official feast days. The Old name of All Saints' Day is All Hallows' Day. Hallow is an another name for Blessed or saint. It is therefore a misconception to associate Hallows' Eve or Day with Ghosts. Perhaps the relation is that the saints in heaven are all dead. Remembering the dead is also the time for thinking on how do I want to be remembered when I am dead. If there is one wish I can ask from St. Peter in the moment of my death, I wish to stay on earth for a couple of days, my spirit roaming the world of the living, curious to know how people I know would talk about me now that I am dead. That must be intriguing.

Anyway, it will be a start of a long weekend for me. I will be doing "cover duty" at CLMMRH tomorrow after lunch. The I.M. residents will be away for a meeting the whole day tomorrow and I was asked if it would be okay for me to go on duty tomorrow. I won't be alone anyway. So I said yes. I will be off the hospital at around 12 noon the following day. On Sunday, I will be leaving for Manila to attend the pre-deployment seminar of the DOH for their DTTB. I will be staying in Manila for more than a week.

After the seminar, we will immediately report to the regional office in Iloilo. From there, the DOH-regional office will be responsible for our deployment in our respective municipalities. Celna will be deployed in Guimaras. Stephen in Carles. Roumayne in a town in Cebu. These three are the only people I know from Region 6. I don't know where the others will be deployed. As for me, I will be deployed in Candoni.

To my dead ancestors who are perhaps enjoying eternal life in heaven, pray for me.










Comments

Popular Posts