I Got Candoni

DOH called up yesterday. I was told that I will be assigned to the municipality of Candoni. It could have been better if it was nearer like in Don Salvador Benedicto but as earlier blogged, DSB was not granted a DTTB for this year. Maybe next year if they are already approved by the DOH, then maybe I can get relocated from Candoni to DSB. But that depends. We don't know what the future brings. It is an adventurous ride. I have now taken this road. I may not be able to know what will lie ahead of the road which I didn't take, but certainly, whether which road I chose, there will always be regrets and fulfillments. By having taken this road, I have chosen a destiny for myself. Now, it is up to me to make the most out of it.

I am currently doing my research. I am reviewing my textbooks, re-reading del Mundo's Pediatrics and Harrison's Internal Medicine textbook. I am also reviewing DOH programs and even browsing the net on World Health Organization Health Programs. The WHO website is useful particularly when it comes to reviewing data and statistics.

In my study room, my table is cluttered with old notes and new notes. As early as now I am already writing my health program agenda for Candoni. Unfortunately, my health program agenda will be resource dependent, both logistics and people. I will also trying to make the community get involved, mobilizing both the public and private sector in the implementation of the programs I have in mind. This will really involve a lot of negotiating and bargaining and pleading particularly with the politicians.

So our pre-deployment seminar will be on the 5th November, at the Aloha Hotel in Manila. I am already getting excited. At last, I now have a job.










Comments

Popular Posts