Happy Birthday!


Oct 14 came like any other ordinary day. The day started very early with an early morning jog at the Lagoon Park with my wife. We then fetched the co-celebrant in my parents' place and went to mass by 10 a.m. The gospel reading was coincidentally about thanksgiving. It reminded me to be thankful for what I have in life. Looking beside me where my wife and two children were, I could not help but feel blessed to have such gifts. The afternoon was spent at home eating the cakes and buko salad my mother-in-law made and brought to our place the night before.

That evening, it was spent intimately with family and in-laws. We had dinner at a restaurant where the waiters sang a birthday song for us after they learned we were having a double celebration. My son was expecting a children's party so we had to explain to him that we wouldn't be having such kind this year, but maybe next year. The last time I celebrated my birthday party was last year when my then fellow interns and relatives and my son's classmates and their parents went to our house to have dinner. It was a fun night. I could not forget when Melvin sang his ilonggo version of Delilah.

So, here are a few snapshots of the birthday dinner last night including an old video of Melvin singing his ilonggo version of Delilah:


















Comments

Popular Posts