Duc In Altum


"Cast Out Into the Deep"
I just learned yesterday that the only vacant spot for Negros Occidental under the DTTB program is the municipality of Candoni. At first I thought there were two vacant spots: the other one is Don Salvador Benedicto. But a friend who was also enrolled in the DTTB program inquired at the DOH and she was told that only Candoni is vacant. My wife and I talked about it and she asked me, "teh, kalayo man na. Alang-alang na mag residency ka subung?" I told her, I don't think it is still too late but I have not conditioned my mind to enter residency. I have gone this far now to look back and change my mind. Candoni is quite far. Okay, very far. According to Wikipedia, Candoni is a 4th class municipality with 9 barangays and a population of 19,987 people.

I am still hoping I can get my assignment in Negros Occidental. And since Candoni is the only vacant spot so far, I am still hoping I can get that particular assignment. Candoni is around 3 and 1/2 hours travel time from Bacolod City. Its boundaries are: Cauayan to the North, Ilog to the East, Sipalay City to the West and Hinoba-an to the South.

Lately, Candoni appeared in the local news due to some rift between the Governor and the mayor. Mayor Borromeo of Candoni claimed that nothing has been done by the provincial government to his municipality. The Governor denied such claims, accusing the Mayor of grandstanding.

Well, I am looking forward to an adventure of a lifetime, wherever I would be assigned. Hopefully, I can get that Candoni assignment so I can spend my weekends with the family at the great Sipalay white beaches!










Comments

Popular Posts