My Son the Native Dancer

Last August 30 I attended a "Linngo ng Lahi" culminative activity in my son's school. My aunt, Master teacher Manuela Guimbal, was the guest speaker for the said occasion. As expected, I was the self-appointed photographer for my son. I never consider myself as a stage father but it does make me feel proud to see my son do well on stage. He is now a prep student and has improved so much. Of course, the entire family was there to watch my son. Even his baby sister was around to watch him dance. The activity ended with snacks composed of the expected native foods.

This morning, I went to USLS to do some psych testing, a prerequisite for the college of nursing. Nope, I did not enroll for a nursing course. I applied for the faculty in the college of Nursing. I also applied for the faculty of the college of Arts and Sciences but so far, only the College of Nursing responded. I also applied for a teaching load at Riverside College and personally handed my application to Mrs. Streegan. After the psych testing, my wife and I hurriedly went to the Bishop's House where Gesper's thanksgiving lunch was being held. We then visited a friend at Doctor's Hospital.

My own thanksgiving dinner will be this coming Saturday, September 8, on the feast of the birthday of Mama Mary. It had to be on this feast day, considering that I claim myself to be a Marian Doctor. Family and closest friends are invited. I even sent a personal invitation to Tita Patching and Congressman Monico to come.

Anyway, here are some snapshots from my son's school activity:




Comments

Popular Posts