Jetsetting: Glimpse of Things To Come?

I am currently in an internet cafe along La Salle Avenue. I am waiting for the last trip to Cebu City. Yes, I am on my way once more to Cebu City to claim once and for all my PRC license and certificate. I will be taking the bus which is estimated to reach Cebu at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow Monday. I will be having a quick breakfast, then proceed to PRC Office, where I hope I could get my PRC card within an hour. I will then travel to Mactan International Airport to catch a flight bound for Manila. Yes, tomorrow, I will be leaving for Manila from Cebu. I haven't been to Manila for a long time. The last time was when I went to Australia in 1997. During college though we had to drop by Manila for a flight connection from Davao, on the way home to Bacolod, but we hardly left the Domestic Airport. I was doing some work for the CD-team of the yearbook.

I am going to Manila because I am about to take the exams for the Doctor to the barrio program of the Department of Health. I submitted my requirements last week and I received a call from the DOH informing me about the written exams this Tuesday. I was also scheduled for an interview the same day in the afternoon. I immediately made reservations last Saturday and made arrangements with relatives of my wife. I was almost discouraged to hear that the written exams are to be given exclusively in Manila and they could not arrange it in the regional office. But I had to take this one in order for me to feel no regrets in the end. I have given up my plans of taking up residency for now for personal reasons and my other option is this one: applying for the DTTB program. If given the chance, I would like to be assigned within Negros Occidental. I was informed that there are only two slots for Negros Occidental|: Candoni and Don Salvador Benedicto. Between the two, I would personally prefer DSB since it is nearer.

I am quite excited to travel. Bacolod to Cebu to Manila and back to Bacolod again. I feel like a backpacker just on the go. I would love a job that would entail me to travel and meet with people. I am not sure whether I would be accepted in the DTTB program but if ever I will be I feel like I would be in a mission. I will be sent out into a far flung area where it is up to me to serve these people and through a manner that would depend on me. Of course, I will be first and foremost a doctor. Then perhaps I can be an educator of the people and if integrity permits become a leader that would make a difference in the lives of these people, people who can't even afford a fare to bring them to the nearest hospital.

I am not sure whether I am on the right path or not, or whether I am making the right decision or not, but I am leaving it all to Him now. I am doing an Abraham here, leaving my homeland for a promised land which I do not even know where. It is a total surrendering. I could have chosen to take control of my destiny, but this time I am giving Him a chance.

I will be back by Wednesday, hopefully, with some good news.








Comments

Popular Posts