Housekeeping Duties: Hall of Fame, Blog 4 Burma, Etc.


I am into a few simple projects the past few days. I am hosting a Hall of Famed Blogs, courtesy of Squidoo.com. Do you wish to promote your blog and increase your traffic? Be part of the hall of famed blogs. Click on this link here to check out the rules. It has just opened so nominations are now accepted.

Another project is the Blog 4 Burma. Considering the horrifying events occuring in Burma today, I have decided to put up a blog for the Burmese people and I am encouraging other bloggers to do the same. The Blog 4 Burma post is in my macellarius blog. This aim really is to increase awareness and provide a platform for our Burmese friends who cannot blog from inside Myanmar due to constraints implemented by their wicked government.

It is my only way of support for Burma and its Burmese people.

Anyway, the rain has stopped and the sun is out but according to the news, the weather will turn ugly by the next few days. Some tropical depressions are spotted east of the country, which means more rain to come. What's new? The -ber months are here and it is supposed to be wet and chilly here in the country. Diseases to look out for are dengue and leptospirosis, not to mention diarrhea and gastroenteritis.

Southern towns in Negros experienced flooding for the past days and ricefields are swamped with floodwaters. A state of calamity has been proclaimed, I understand, but then again, there is no surprise as to why the price of rice has increased. I should know. I am the one doing the groceries these days.










Comments

Popular Posts