Touchdown!

I am writing this blog in Cebu City!
Yes, finally we have arrived. Actually, we arrived yesterday and today is my second day in Cebu. Early morning yesterday I was awakened by my wife and went for a quick cold shower and immediately drove to the bus terminal with my father. It was a rainy morning just like the past earlier mornings. My other co-interns were already there at the terminal. Upon arriving there, my wife texted me that I left the keys to the lock on my bag. She told me she was on her way to give them to me.

I then went inside to look for the other guys. On this 7th day of the 7th month of 2007, there would be 7 of us who would be travelling to Cebu at around 7 am. My wife came just in time before the bus was about to leave. I kissed her and hugged her tight and told her to pray for me and to take care of my two little babies, Robie and Rien.

Then the bus went off, to Cebu City, via Don Salvador Benedicto then through Toledo City, Cebu Island. Earlier during the trip, the busboy was trying to ask who owned a small box left near the driver's area. No one would claim to be the owner of the small box. A few minutes later, the other passengers must have noticed the persistence of the busboy in finding for the owner of the small box. It was then that majority of us started to get concerned. We were telling the driver to drop off the unclaimed small box in case it is a bomb or something.

Everyone was almost in a panic mode, until one sleepy passenger seated up front was asked whether the said small box was his and he just quite casually said, "yes, that's mine" and then went back to sleep. Daw habuyun ko sya ka sapatos mo!.

Anyway, we started the trip with a short prayer. I led the prayer and asked for the intercession of St. Raphael to guide our way and St. Michael to defend us from all evil. God must have been answering our prayers already because throughout the travel across Negros island, we were all blessed with a wonderful view of the natural landscapes of the island. We went through zigzagging roads around cloud-covered mountaintops. We went through those clouds as we passed over those mountain tops. The bus even stopped over at a viewing park were we could see thick clouds nestling over the deep valley in between those mountains.

We arrived at the barge at around 9 in the morning and travelled to Cebu Island for two hours. We had our lunch stop over at Toledo City. After what seemed to be a quick lunch, we travelled to Cebu City. When we arrived at the bus terminal in Cebu City, the place really was in chaos. We were trying to pull our bags and jeepney boys were hounding over us trying to offer their jeepneys to bring us to where we would want them.

We were able to get one, a nice big one, just enough to make us comfortable. It was raining hard in cebu, just like back in Bacolod. When we arrived in our pension house, we were almost drenched with rain.

The room was very nice and very comfortable. We have cable TV and air conditioning. I am sharing the room with Marc and Melvin. After loading out our stuff, I took a quick shower and all of us went out for dinner with Neil, also a classmate who took his internship in Cebu. He became naturally our tour guide/translator in Cebu. We don't know how to speak Cebuano.

We had dinner at Ayala Mall. It was a fun evening for us. From time to time I was sending my wife text messages. I slept early last night and woke up very early this morning.

The second day was spent at the Basillica del Sto. Nino. We attended the Mass and lit some candles. I offered a hundred backs as stipend for my personal intentions and offering to Sto. Nino. I was praying for the obvious, a 100% passing rate for USLS College of Medicine.

We had lunch at SM Cebu food court.

When I got back to our pension house I took a nap after answering some mock exams. Then I decided to blog my first experiences here in Cebu and wish all my readers well.

Pictures to follow, guys!

Everyone, have a nice life and don't stop praying for us.





You Are 72% Gentleman



You are definitely a gentleman. You're very considerate and you have excellent manners.

Occasionally, you slip and do something foolish... but usually no one notices!




Your Superhero Profile



Your Superhero Name is The Wind Victory

Your Superpower is Paranormal

Your Weakness is Cotton Candy

Your Weapon is Your Turbo Foam

Your Mode of Transportation is Hydrofoil

Comments

Popular Posts