The First Seven Days

Today marks my seventh day in Cebu. Three weeks from now, we will be tackling the first set of exams for the physician licensure exams. So far here's what happened to us for the past week:

Day 1: We arrived at the busiest and craziest bus terminal in cebu; checked in at our pension house after climbing two flights with our backages with us; had our first night out at ayala mall after meeting up with neil; had fine dining at gerry's grill; highlight: neil reading the menu a la Chinese, from the right to the left.


Day 2: Went to mass at the basillica del sto. nino; offered up a stipend for the intentions of Class 2006; went to lunch at SM mall; tasted for the first time Cebuano cooking. Highlight: young girl fainted behind me during the mass at sto. nino, not sure whether it was due to being slained by the spirit or simply due to my cologne.

Day 3: went to prc and processed our application; went to lunch at la fortuna; again tasted for the second time Cebuano way of cooking; motto: "teh, wala pa kamo madudla?"; started our customary praying of the rosary every 7 pm.

Day 4: started review; confined ourselves inside our rooms and went to work right away; every dinner time, the three of us: melvin, mark and I, would go to the nearest mall (robinson) for dinner; highlight: mark tried his first cebuano fresh lumpia. "teh, wala pa kamo madudla ha!"

day 5: same as yesterday;

day 6: same as yesterday; during dinner, all of us had fine dining once again at a restaurant nearby. It was a fun gathering.

day 7: woke up late this morning; read a bit some old notes and then freshened up to take a tour around ayala mall.


I did a video call at home last night and this morning. How I miss my daughter and son and my wife. I miss my family.

I do hope He Who Turns Things Around can give me justice in my sacrifices.


Comments

Popular Posts