What I Miss The Most


I am enjoying my summer. At last, after 2 years of clerkship and internship combined, I have enough time for myself and my family. While mornings and late evenings would be spent for reviewing, I can manage to spend some time going to the mall with my wife and kids, at times enjoying a nice movie. We recently watched Shrek 3 and it was totally hilarious. I think it is better than Shrek 2.

But I cannot also deny that I miss the times I have spent at the hospital, especially at BOLMSH, where I spent my internship. For me, BOLMSH has become family. I learned so much from the experience but I have also gained so much when it comes to friendship. I miss the people at the Delivery room. For me, they are the friendliest batch of people in the hospital, from the nurses to the junior consultants. I miss the fun and jokes, especially the pranks, and also the late night toxicities, double-table experiences, and stat deliveries. It is only in the D.R. where I can laugh my heart out without fear of being repressed.

I also miss the action at the ER. In my opinion, the ER staff are the most efficient group of people in the hospital. When I was a clerk, I would sleep in one of the ER beds at the trauma section whenever there are no patients around. And if there would be wardcalls, the staff would only call out my name to wake me up.

I also miss the sight, smell and sounds of Room 208, a.k.a the PGI On Call Room.

I also miss the moments spent in every station, particularly the Med Ward, Station 3 and earlier in my rotation, the Surgery ward. It was also fun at the ICU, despite the seriousness the vicinity demands.

I miss the hospital. Somehow, it has become my escape from other stresses of life. Talking with strangers has somehow distracted me from other sources of frustrations. Life is tough, and most of the times, unfair. But whether it is difficult or not, it is a gift that is God-given. Some of us get to receive more blessings than challenges. Others are overflowed with tribulations. Whatever we tend to receive more, let us receive them with gladness.

Comments

Popular Posts