Son of Bora!


Last May 3, 2007, my son and I along with the rest of the interns went to the island of Boracay to spend our R&R before the start of the reviews for the national medical board exams. We stayed at the island for 3 nights and four days at Rizzo Garden. We left Bacolod at around 9 a.m. via RO-RO. It was my son's first time to ride a boat and to visit Iloilo, the place I can also consider my second home. We reached the port of Iloilo at around 11:30 a.m. We then went to SM Jaro to buy our groceries and have our lunch. We headed for the terminal and left Iloilo City for Caticlan at around 3 pm on a private van. We had fun along the way, thanks to the wit and humor of the interns, especially Melvin. We arrived at Caticlan Jetty Port at around 7 pm. We boarded the small vessel bound for Boracay Island and reached Boracay at around 7:15 p.m. We then road a tricycle to station 2 where we had a reserved accommodation at Rizzo Garden. After settling in, we had late dinner at Barrio Inasal.

Rien cried that night and was wanting to go back home to Bacolod.

The following day, my son and I woke up early at around 7 a.m. and headed for the beach to bathe and play. I earlier bought him a water gun which he was so happy to have had. The rest of the morning was spent walking along the beach visiting stores and tourist spots. The last time I was here was 5 years ago.

The early afternoon was spent for sleeping since it was too hot outside. But at around 4 pm my son and I resumed our walk in the beach. We watched the sunset together for the first time. We had dinner at Rizzo, courtesy of Melvin and Gesper who cooked dinner for us. The rest of the night was spent at D'mall, at d'talipapa and elsewhere where the party was booming. Rien and I slept late that night since Boracay island was on a black out. Our place had no generator.

The following morning was spent for Island hopping. It was Rien's first time to ride a banca. We went to Crystal Cove where we went spelunking. Rien enjoyed it very much. We also went to Crocodile island to go snorkelling. Rien stayed inside the banca. It was fun!

The afternoon was spent by the rest on banana boat ride. My son and I went to buy souvenirs. The evening was spent at Cocomangas at pier one. The following day, we left the island for home at around 8:30 a.m. We reached Caticlan at around 8:45 and left Caticlan for iloilo at 9 a.m. We reached iloilo city at around 3:00 p.m. We went first to SM City and went to the port at 4:30 pm. We left Iloilo city at around 5:45 pm. We arrived at Bacolod at 7pm.

Home sweet home. We brought coral stones, souvenir magnets and lanterns and a tshirt for mommy Roann. Also, we got tanned as well. I am definitely planning to go back.

For more pictures, click here

Comments

Popular Posts