The Elections Update: Day 5 After The Elections


I just came from the BAY Center where the canvassing of votes for Bacolod is happening. So far, Congressman's lead has extended to 1,600 plus votes. As of yesterday, in the early afternoon, Novero was only leading by 35 votes based on Action Radio's reporting. By 4:00 p.m., RGMA reports Monico leading by 1000 votes.

After taking the mock exams for biochem this morning (of which I did fairly well after checking my answers), I immediately drove myself to the BAY Center where I was greeted with hundreds of supporters from both sides. Facing the BAY Center stage, Bing-Novero supporters, mostly wearing red shirts, were seated at the left side. Monico's supporters were seated at the right side. Immediately I went to Tita Yvette's side and asked how the votes were tallying so far. As of 9:30 a.m., Tito Monico was leading by 1,600 votes. During that time, around 100 plus precincts were still being canvassed at the SCU tables.

While waiting for the final tally from the remaining precincts, I was taking pictures of the people patiently waiting for the last votes to be counted. Nearby, a radio reporter was reporting to their Radio station the latest results of the canvassing. When some of the supporters heard that Monico was leading, they had to repress their excitement.

Later, Tito Art, Tito Monico's brother, was telling me, "May Dios pa man gali (There is still a God!)". Tito Monico's win was already ensured. It was then that I realized I was wearing a red shirt myself so I had to stick one of those green and orange stick-ons on my shirt, just like the rest of the Monico supporters, to signify that I was one of them. I had to text Mama to bring me a yellow shirt and a Monico cap, which she did.

At around 12:00 noon, COMELEC called for a recess. At the tabulation table, 6 ERs were left untallied yet but as of that time, Monico's votes were ahead of Novero at around 1,376.

I will be heading back to BAY center after my quick lunch here in my parents' place. My wife was sending me text messages earlier asking about updates of the events at BAY center.

Fearless forecast: Congressman Monico Puentevella wins Congressional seat, for the third time, against Vice Mayor Renecito Novero. Mayor Bing retains Mayorship. Thaddy Sayson is new Vice Mayor of Bacolod.

Comments

Popular Posts