Maundy Thursday: Love One Another

To love one another, that is the key to happiness. And this Holy Thursday, we are told to love one another, even those we could not bear to love. It is a difficult command, especially for me. I have always been taught to be kind. To be generous. To be more mindful of others. To be humble. To be merciful also and forgiving. But human as I am I a more selfish than generous, more cruel than kind, more self-serving than selfless, more proud than humble and sometimes unforgiving. In the halls of my hospital therefore where I am serving my internship, I shall find solace during these holy days and maybe dig deep into myself and hopefully resolve so many issues of my own, especially with my own family and the work that I have chosen.

To love one another.

Comments

Popular Posts